Ready for the 21st Century
We are unashamedly academic and aim to nurture pupils who have a passion for intellectual exploration, allowing them to be engaged and excited about life after CLS. Over ninety percent of leavers go to their first or second choice Russell Group University. Consistently, we send about one fifth of the year to Oxbridge, a dozen to Medical School, and about a third go on to the top London universities (King’s, UCL, Imperial, Queen Mary, LSE).
Whilst being proud of the pupils’ achievements in public exams, we want to go beyond the confines of exam specifications and encourage learning for its own sake. We want to stimulate the desire to challenge, query, question and argue; allowing our pupils to develop into outward-looking young adults who are ready for the trials of the wider world.
With a broad and challenging curriculum taught by our high calibre teaching staff, we nurture resilience, confidence and aspiration.
- Pupils regularly excel in essay competitions such as Erasmus, John Locke, Peterhouse, Juvenes Translatores and Trinity
- Olympiad competitions in subjects such as Maths, Biology, Chemistry & Physics provide a national stage for pupils' talents
- Inter-house competitions in disciplines such as prose and poetry encourage healty competition
- Pupils can develop confidence and presentational skills with the LAMDA qualifications (London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art)
- Model United Nations provides an exciting opportunity to debate current affairs with pupils from around the world
- Extended Projects can compliment A-Level study and are enriched by the resources at our finger-tips in our central London location
- Our pupils have excelled at the IGEM Competition (International Genetically Engineered Machines)
- The School hosts an annual science conference in partnership with the City of London Corporation and its academies, held at Guildhall
An excellent and challenging curriculum.